The setup of schedule objects inside of RaiseDonors is a 'link' between RaiseDonors and the schedules at the new gateway. There are two distinct approaches to migrate recurring data into RaiseDonors, in both cases schedules already exist in the new gateway and schedule objects need to be created inside of RaiseDonors. We're talking about the Passive Approach here, (head over to this article if you want to learn more about the other option, the Manual Approach).
The Passive Approach captures recurring schedules from the new gateway over the course of a month. Each time a schedule is charged at the gateway, it establishes a 'link' to a schedule object, essentially migrating one day at a time over the course of a month.
- You don't have the cost of time (via the API) and/or money (via professional services) to import schedules
- Minimal business rules are needed
- The process is entirely automated
- It takes up to 1 month to complete
- The donor portal will not show recurring schedules until the 'link' has been made
- There are less attributions per schedule
- The schedule will be attributed to one specific Fund.
- There is no ability to split the schedule across multiple Funds.
- There are very few customizations.
- When a schedule created outside of RaiseDonors is imported, it will be tied to a specific "Page" in RaiseDonors named "import-donors". This schedule and subsequent donations will inherit all of the attributions configured in the Page "import-donors" - this includes motivation code, source code, etc.