1. You should check out our in-depth review of the lessons learned over the years and general advice to ensure this journey is successful for you and your organization.
2. Understand the approaches available to import data into RaiseDonors.
3. RaiseDonors cannot and will not handle any of your organization's sensitive PAN information.
NOTE - If you setup the schedules in the gateway without following these rules, it's possible RaiseDonors won't be able to import these schedules!
- Authorize.net API
- Admin merchant interface
- Batch upload file (csv)
- Authorize.net Customer Service
- It’s a requirement that each customer have a name and email address. If in reality your donor doesn’t have an email address, you’ll need to make up a random and unique email address.
- Credit Card and Bank account payment methods are supported.
- Only Monthly intervals are currently supported.
Some general advice we have learned over the years relating to Authorize.net:
- Authorize.net's documentation on how to build a CSV for batch upload. One important consideration is when you upload the CSV, do NOT include the header in the CSV. That nugget of advice may save you some time ;)
- Authorize.net customer service works with other popular gateways to import recurring schedules for you. It happens twice a week, but it could take you weeks to get everything coordinated and schedules.
- After you have uploaded all of the schedules into Authorize.net - there is no interface in the Admin Merchant interface to download an export of all ARB schedules. You can however contact Authorize.net customer service and request an export of all the active ARB schedules and they will provide that for you; but it can take many days to get the data from Authorize.net. It's not instantaneous.
- Donor Email
- Donor FName
- Donor Lname
- RaiseDonors unique ID#
- Fund/Designation info (pipe delimited)
- RaiseDonors organization ID#
- RaiseDonors profile #